Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Happiness, Blessed, and Loved

This post is being typed out of pure happiness and joy. Out of thankfulness and feeling like one of the most blessed persons on earth. Not because I don't have any problems or that my life is perfect. If I said that, I would be lying to y'all and myself. Sometimes we are so consumed in our downs, our negatives in life, or things that don't lift us up. What we really need to be doing is looking at the things that bring joy into our lives, the positives things and the things we need to be most grateful for. Jesus Christ! "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation but take heart; I have overcome the world." ( John 16:33)  

Lately, the Lord has blessed me abundantly with so much encouragement from fellow Christians, lifting each other up in the Lord. Even though my life isn't perfect and I am continually going through stuff in my personal life, what can I ask more than to have fellow believers by my side, lifting me up in God's word and using them to change so much in my life."What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up." (1 Corinthians 14:26) . . . So I thought I would do a special thanks to those who have really touched my life lately. I have had the chance to meet and/or talk with some amazing people either over computer or iPod. I have had the chance to share my testimony with so many whom I didn't know and those who did know but haven't heard it before. I have had the chance to spread God's word and let so many see what great love our Lord gives and displays. I have been able to get and give so much encouragement and uplifting from so many others..I just wanted to thank those who have been there for me and to tell y'all that y'all are truly, blessings from God. <3 God works in the most mysterious and amazing ways. He knows just that right time to bring these types of people into your life. He knows when you need them most and and they need you. "So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding." (Romans 14:19)
. . . 


God answers prayers even if it's not exactly what we asked for. We need to make sure, as we pray, that we say and understand that it will be according to "His" perfect will. "For it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure." I didn't ask God to bring perfect strangers into my life. . But He did, and it has strengthened my relationship with my Lord. He knew my future, I didn't. Of corse I "planned" what it might have looked like, but once I let God be in full control, He has made it more clear than ever that my life wont be what I wanted it to be but it will be what He has planned it to be. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;" ( Proverbs 3:5 )  . . .  I can't keep from thanking Him for opening my eyes and for Him to have shown me so much lately. For understanding and knowledge through Him! "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)  . . . He is and an Awesome God!!

And to that, this is where faith and trust comes into the picture. I'm sure that we all have those days where we have our ups and downs. Some when we feel like we are alone and others where we feel like we have everyone we need in life . . . But here's the perfect remedy for all of the above. . . "Put all your trust in Jesus Christ" . . . "Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord." (Psalm 32:10)  Putting all of  your faith in God, He sees that you are willing to hand everything over to Him. Therefore He knows that your ready for His next move in life. If we just hand EVERYTHING over to God, He sees how earnestly we want Him to have our whole life and are willing to do anything or go through anything to please Him. There are like a gazillion verses about putting our trust in God. I would have the best time posting all of those if I had the time but today I'll share with you just a couple of so many comforting verses. . . 


 ~ But I trust in your unfailing love;  my heart rejoices in your salvation. - Psalm 13:5 ~

~ Surely God is my salvation;  I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; He has become my salvation. ” - Isaiah 12:2 ~

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13


And before I sign out, I just wanted y'all who haven't seen it already on instagram, I started taking all my friends/dear follower's prayer requests. I believe that the power of prayer is very strong and it can change so much in one's life.  "And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”  ( Matthew 21:22 ) . . .


Love to all my followers! 
In Christ,
=Rachel Pursell=


6 comments:

  1. Amen Rachel! To God be all the glory for the joy, peace, contentment, and thankfulness He has blessed you with. May you continue to grow in the Lord my sister, and may the grace of God abound in your household. God bless you! :)

    -Brandon @ IG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandon for your encouraging comment! God bless you too!

      Delete
  2. rachel, you have no idea how God used your post tonight for me... I am so very thankful to be a witness of how God is giving you a gift of encouragement in such a way that it is heartfelt and personal to every friend and reader... Timothy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Timothy! I am sooo glad you found my post encouraging and I enjoy following you and so many others on IG who help each other out so much!! God bless you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! It's just mind-blowing to see the Lord work in our lives! Great post little sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katey. It is amazing how the Lord works in our lives. He is so amazing..How He gives us knowledge and understanding at just the right time . . .Love you! <3

      Delete

I love your comments!!