Friday, August 31, 2012

Hurricane Isaac

I'm sure like 99% of y'all know that hurricane Isaac hit the gulf coast states and more. I have been trying to update all of y'all that follow me on Instagram but I have family and friends that don't follow me on that so I thought I would just do one nice size post telling y'all how things went and what we did. It'll be easier. :D

For this post, I would first like to thank God for not letting any real big damage be done to any of my family, friends, or our home. He has been so good to us and I continue to thank Him for His blessings. When we first saw Isaac's path heading straight for us, our first thought was "Evacuate".  But after lots of discussion, we decided not to... We boarded almost every door and window there was on our home, so it felt like living in a cave. Isaac decided to take a long visit over Louisiana and Mississippi. Way longer than we expected... I thought the rain and horribly strong wind would never end. I will never forget the sounds the wind made. . .We lost power a couple times and tried passing our time by talking, praying, and watching the news. We did get tornadoes but they came at night, which was perfectly planned.. God knew that we would really freak out if we could see them during the day. He even thinks about the little things that help us. :D

I think so many people underestimated hurricane Isaac. I think God wanted us to realize that even though it was only a category 1 and then turned back into a tropical depression, that it could cause a lot of damage. My prayers are with everyone who flooded or lost so much in it's path. God is in control and people need to not underestimate God's power. The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away. And as Isaac hit on the 29th, all I could think of was when Katrina hit. How so many people lost their lives, family members, houses, and so much more. We really need to have compassion on all of those people and send our prayers out to them.

And to that, I want to thank everyone who has sent so many prayers our way. They meant the world to me. I felt so much comfort from every comment you sent me saying you were praying! It was like the Lord giving me a big hug. I can't explain with words the comfort of prayer brings. . I can't thank y'all enough. <3



These two pictures are of our lake that over flowed with water.





Our lake over flowed with water. To the point it breached. 







And to that, I think I shall call it a quits. This past week was pretty interesting. But I will continue to pray for anyone else who was affected by hurricane Isaac. I'll leave y'all with this verse below. Someone showed it to me before Isaac hit us. Even though he said it's meant for a spiritual storm, it could go both ways. :) 



Love to all,
In Christ. . . Rachel









8 comments:

  1. Glad that you all are safe! Looks like quite a storm you had...

    I'll keep the rest of the people who were involved in my prayers, and thanks for sharing that last quote. Very inspiring! ;)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was pretty scary. And thank you for your prayers for the others. They mean so much! oh, and I love that verse too! so much comfort in those words.

      God bless!

      Delete
  2. I soooooo enjoyed this past week! Lots of family bonding time! And praise the Lord we didn't get any damage! Thank you Jesus! I sooo am thankful for a wonderful Savior and an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. , Christ honoring, loving family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed spending time with our family too. Just not the hurricane force rain and wind..and tornadoes. ;) I love you sooo much too Katey. And so grateful that we are all family. And that you're my sister! and dearest friend <3 *hugs*

      Delete
  3. Although the situation was terrifying, it looked like you had a great bonding time with your family, something I wish I could have. I thank God that y'all weren't harmed! He watched over you and your family during the storm just like He said He would, "The Lord will keep you from all harm - He will watch over your life. (Psalm 131:7)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one very good thing that came out of it. I did get to spend time with my family that I don't see often. It's odd the way the Lord works to bring people together sometimes. I will pray that the Lord will bring people into your life that you could become like family w/ them. :) And thank you for that sharing that verse. What a wonderful promises God gives His children...

      Delete
  4. God is sooooo amazingly incredible... He has blessed us all with you and your experiences... I will always enjoy this blog... I have seen a maturity through Jesus in you that is so comforting and the priceless christian family and friends/church that surrounds you is so thoughtfully planned by our God... Never grow weary doing good.. Humbly a brother aspiring to show God to EVERYONE... Timothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really type in words how delighted I am that my blog has touched you and others. Every comment means so much! It is encouragement for you to say you see my spiritual walk with Jesus grow more. To tell you the truth, These past 5-6 months have been a time in my life where I grew most with my Lord in my walk with Him. He has revealed so much in my life that drew me nearer to Him and I can't thank Him enough. . .

      Thank you again with for your comments and continual support!

      Delete

I love your comments!!