Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Abundant Comfort

Kayla, I want you to know that even through everything you and your family is going through right now, God is seeing you through it and will give you the strength to go on. I don't understand how it feels to loose someone dear to me by death, but I do know that He will give you strength to overcome the sadness. He is our refuge. - "The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble." Psalms 9:9 - Just think, she, right now is in the presence of the Lord. No more pain or suffering. She doesn't have to worry about all these earthly troubles any more but is rejoicing in Heaven."Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling," - 2 Corinthians 5:1-2. . . What an amazing thought. That she is in Heaven. Where we long to be right now. "Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:8 . . .How true this is!  We as Christians long to be with Christ in Heaven. We should be happy because she just got there before us. A place where we ( Christians ) will all meet again one day. I love you dear and will be praying for you and your family. Let me know if you need help in any way. 


And this was my devotional reading for this morning I thought I would share. . .

When we suffer, Christ is with us to comfort us during our heartache. The degree to which He has already experienced the same suffering, and even more, is the reason He is able to comfort us. 
The test of your character is your response to the severest times of suffering and persecution. When suffering become too intense, the easy response it to get angry and blame God. When persecution becomes too severe, the easy way out is to compromise your faith. To respond in either manner will cause you to miss out on the richest fellowship available to you. That's because the deepest moments of spiritual fellowship with the living Christ are the direct result of intense suffering.
Suffering always drives us to Christ because we find in Him our merciful high priest who sympathizes " with our weaknesses" ( Heb. 4:15 )  and who "is able to aid those who are tempted" ( 2:18 ). So view your sufferings as opportunities to be blessed by Christ as you find comfort in His fellowship.    - John Mcarthur ( Truth for Today ) 


~ Just as the suffering of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ - 2 Corinthians 1:5 ~



Family photo few years back




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers. We are all happy to know that she is in heaven, worshiping the Lord with no pain. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...This made me cry..With happy tears. Yes, it is amazing to know that one day we will all( Christians) be with the Lord. I can't think of anything more precious I long to feel than the presence of my dear Maker and Savior. It's going to be awesome! Just like I told you Rachel. When it's my time to go, I do not want a funeral, I want a "Going Away Party". Lively, colorful, music filling the air, and smiles on everyones face. Celebrating a new life for me! The life that I can't wait to have one day, forever! :-)

    My Prayers are with you all as y'all go through this hard time of sorrow, but remember to rejoice in this! Your Nanna is now with Jesus having a way better time than we can all imagine! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your prayers. :) I know she is so much happier and has no more pain anymore. I find comfort in that! :) I pray y'all never lose someone like we did at yalls age. I know my nana would be so honored and grateful to you for this message. Thank you and love you! Kayla
    P.S. thank you Katey very much! Love ya

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!