Friday, July 27, 2012

Mountain of God

It is amazing how God reveals so much to Christians, through their walk with Christ. When I was first saved, It was the most amazing thing that had ever happened to me. I had this peace in my heart.. To know that I now have this personal relationship with Christ. To have full understanding about His love for me and the Ultimate gift He gave to us. His Son, Jesus, who gave His life for those who believe in Him. So that we don't have to be sent to hell but have an everlasting life in heaven. - Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

As I am maturing more and more in my spiritual walk with God, I am realizing that satan will use any person, object, or well, anything to distract us from growing closer with God. Satan feels intimidated by us and feels he needs to try harder on Christians to turn away from our faith. That is when we need to be grounded most in God's word. Studying scripture daily, praying, and spending time just thanking God for what we have and not complain about what we don't. 

So growing a deep and deeper relationship with God wont be easy. There are going to be times when you may question where is God. Why isn't he helping you through something tough or hard. You could be thinking to yourself, "He said He was going to take care of His children..why is He letting me go throughout something like this?". . . Think of it like this... You can't expect to win first place in a race without trying hard to run for that goal. There will be bumps in the road, challenges to face, and problems along the way. That doesn't mean you wont win it. It only means you need to try hard to pass those up and keep your mind focused on what's ahead. . . Just like your walk with Christ. No one ever said it was going to be easy. No one ever told you that it was going to be a perfect walk down the road and then instantly you would have the perfect relationship with God and with out any problems along the way. Actually, God allows things to happen in your life.. If that may be trials, tribulations, temptations, or hardships. He may let things happen to you so that you may come out of it stronger in your faith. Trust me, throughout my life, God has allowed many things to happen to me, but especially after I was saved. I see now that I am grateful for the most part the He has allowed those things to happen to me. Because It showed me that I didn't have the kind of relationship that I should have with my Savior. My mind wasn't focused on God entirely like it should have been. By letting me go through what He did, I have a truer, closer relationship with Him. And I wouldn't ask for it any other way. If you are a TRUE believer in Jesus Christ, He will NOT let you down. Even though life may get hard, He will carry you through anything. So yes, God will allows obstacles in your life but He is only doing it for your good. I can't keep from thanking God from what He might have saved me from. To look back at how God worked in my life is amazing. Allowing me to go through those things and coming out so much stronger and knowledgeable through Him. I can't keep from praising and thanking His name.

~ ~ ~

This song has to be one of my favorite songs because it demonstrates exactly what I am trying to say here. Every time this plays, I just close my eyes as I let the words sink in and as I sing along, praising God..Thanking Him for what He has allowed me to go through that made our relationship much closer. I couldn't ask for anything better.   


"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" - John 16:33

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I needed that this morning, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aweosme! I needed that this morning, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it encouraging! And you're very welcome. =) God bless!

      Delete

I love your comments!!