Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 26: A Childhood Memory

When I think of my childhood, I don''t just think of one memory. When I think of just one little childhood memory, it spreads to so many others. So many others that I would love to relive. I would love to go back in time and watch my family and me. Relive those memories that are so dear to me.


 Relive the day that my dear baby sister,  Emily was born. Getting to hold those little pink hands and then mom and dad called me a big sister for the first time. Feeling like the proudest sister, that I had this little pink baby to help daddy and mommy raise. . .


 The times when Katey and I would go pick up pine cones in our front and back yard for a penny each. ( we were pretty young so we thought we were going to make a fortune. ha! ). And boy were we workers! 


  Those special weekday nights where daddy would let Katey and me stay up late to watch the animated Story of Moses or Joseph. He would sit on our recliner, me on one side of him, Katey on the other. snuggled up with his arms around each of us. I'm sure we he was suffocated between us girls but he didn't mind a bit. All that mattered to me was that I had my place by daddy. :) 


When my mom would hold me in her arms and persist on saying that I would "always" be her baby girl. Of coarse I would say "No mommy, I'm a big girl.." we would go back and forth until she let me win. :)


I'll never forget when daddy would tuck Katey and me in bed, praying with us, singing a song and then tell us a bible story. We had all sorts of questions and he would know how to answer them in the perfect way for out little minds. Making everything so clear for us to imagine. And as he walked out our bedroom he would say "I love you girls" and we would say we loved him more and then there was a endless battle of who loved who more.


Oh, the times where my big brother, Jonathan would babysit us girls. He was sure to make our lives miserable and non stop fun at the same time. He would go around scaring the life out of us children, as he acted as a cereal killer. I know it sounds horrible, I thought I was actually going to die ( keeping in mind that we were all so young). We would go around the house running for our lives as he had a (butter) knife to scare us with. The times where he would scream as if he were hurt, and while Katey and I would run to see if he was ok, he'd just smash whipped cream all over our faces. Good times. ;) 


And then there was those memories when everyone would go run errands and it was just Daddy and me at home. We would play jacks, go fish, and talk heart to heart talks ( me begin only about six ). Then he would put our ( all of his daughters ) song on, Butterfly kisses. As it played, he would sing it to me and we would do "butterfly kisses". I remember this as if it were yesterday. And whenever I recollect theses times, I get all teary eyed because I know I will never be that young again. But then at the same time, I am so happy that I have these memories. 


Thinking back on these memories only makes me realize how fast time flies and that we need to live as if each day is our last. Always loving, caring, and living our life for Christ. Living our life to the fullest. Each day is a day gone bye. One that we wont get back, so lets cherish every moment we have with our family and friends. Try not to have regrets. Lord only knows how many I have and I wish I hadn't. But there is time to fix that. 


I just had to post this song. Lord willing, I will dance with my Daddy at my wedding to this song. It has too many memories attached. I tear up every time I hear this song. 


~If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.~

1 comment:

  1. Childhood memories are the best. :) and it is a blessing to have people to share it with. :) love ya...KLA

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!