Thursday, April 19, 2012

Random Me. . .

So I couldn't think of anything specific to blog about today, so I'm just gonna put a bunch of stuff that I can think of at the moment and blog about it! :) First, I'll update you on what I've been up to this week so far. Well really, I haven't been up to much. Just the usual; clean, exercise, jog/run, read, pinterest. :D But tomorrow I'm going into New orleans/Metairie. First, to go to a doctor's appointment. *gulp* . .I think it's just a check up but I dread going to the doctors. That's normal, right? ;)  So after the dreaded appointment, I'm going to head to the mall and try to spring shop of some clothes. That should be fun "said sarcastically" I really don't like shopping at the Lakeside mall. It's so crowded with people, that I start to feel all panicky. You can tell I like being away from the bigger cities. :-) I'm not really sure what my plans are for the weekend but I guess I'll find out when I get there. . . anyhoo, let the randomness of blogging begin! ;-)

~ ~ ~  

Alright. So I was on my Pinterest yesterday and saw something really cool. It was a pin that showed that that you can turn a toaster on its side so you can make grilled cheese without making it in a pan on the stove. I was like "awesome Idea" why didn't I think of that before, right? It toasts on both sides as it melts the cheese. "I'm gonna try that" I said. Well, bad idea. I turned the toaster on it's side, put the cheese on the bread and the bread into the toaster then turn it on. While I wait, there's a little smoke, so I get a magazine and start waving it over to get the smoke to go away. I thought it was only crumbs at the bottom that made that smoke. Well after about forty seconds with the toaster on, There was a ton of smoke that appeared in less than a couple of seconds...so I turn it back to how it's supposed to be and I took a look in and what do I see. . fire. yeah, you can say I freaked out. It wasn't just a little fire. It was enough for me to grab the fire extinguisher and almost spray. I first unplugged the darn thing and blew a few times. like "blewwww" . . It worked and I didn't have to use the extinguisher. "sigh" . . .So that's why we shouldn't do stupid things like tip toaster ovens on the side because we are too lazy to dirty a pan. :) Oh well. That made today a little interesting. 

 ~ ~ ~ 


I'm not really sure If I mentioned before, but I made myself a tumblr account. not that I don't have enough stuff to occupy my time right now :) but I wanted to follow a couple peoples tumblrs that I wanted for a while and you can't follow someones tunblr unless you have an account. :) But it's super easy and fast to use. So whenever I have an extra minute, I'll  post something here and there on it. If you wanna check it out, click Here to see it. Like I said, it's nothing big or fancy :)


~ ~ ~

I like this picture. . .


Popcorn = me :-D happy

~ ~ ~

I'm listening to my pandora right now and a song just past that made me smile. I love songs that are inspirational to me or songs with lyrics that pertain to what's going on in my life at the moment. This song I listened to is very inspiring, and it is sung by one of my favorite Christian singers, Phil Wickham. 

In My Love - Phil Wickham


"There is a reason, there is a plan, there is a God who understands; He's got your life inside His hands, have no fear, 'cause He says. ."In all your hurt, in all your pain, I'll never leave, I wont forsake. You're my child, and I'm your God, come rest in my love." . . Very encouraging lyrics. The Lord is always there when I feel like no one else is. He will never forsake me..only have open arms for me to run into. What a great God we have to praise and give glory to!

~ ~ ~

Well I think that will do for now! And I think I may keep this "Random me" thing going on when I can't think of any other thing to blog about. :)  I hope you all have a happy Friday! - God bless!!

-Love to all


                         

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your a runner! Maybe we could do a race some time. The first race I did, My dad pushed me so hard that I almost cry'd. But I did get first place in my age division, of course there was only two other girls my age.

    Love Emma of Tin Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!!! And I like the "Random Me" style. :) I can't wait for next week when we take pictures!!! :) maybe Katey can post the pics and you take and post "behind the scenes" pictures. :) lol I am going to try your "popcorn" recipe when we come over. :) love you Kayla
    P.S. What exactly is Tumblr?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!