Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 24: A movie no one would expect you to love

Hey y'all!! I was sitting down today and a thought hit me; "I never finished doing the 30 day challenge."  Now and then it would come to my mind but then when I would see what day it was, I hadn't had a clue what to put as my answer so I kept pushing it off. :P I know, I'm horrible about things like these...but I AM going to finish it! :) so here we go. . .

A movie no one would expect me to like. hmm...What's so hard about this one is that it really depends on the type of movie. I know there are plenty of movies that y'all wouldn't expect me to like but they are all so different.  So how's this... I'll put a couple but in different categories. :)


Animation - I'm not too much of a "Animation" movie kind of gal, but there are a couple that has been "favorites" since I was young or other movies that have caught my eye. ;) One in particular I have always liked watching...even now. Call me weird and immature but I still love watching "A Bug's Life".  Something about that show reminds me so much of being young and little. .  being so amazed at what these bugs could do... Lol. . . Hey, I'm just "young" at heart. ( not that I'm old ) . . .




Romance/Action - I really can't think of any that y'all couldn't expect me to like. Ha! y'all all know that I'm a "Jane Austen" fan and that I love romance movies. So this one will be a little tough. So tough, that I had to put Romance and Action in one. haha. So I can't think of a single thing so I'm just gonna shoot one out that Y'all might not have known I liked. The "Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy" . .  I say trilogy because I never watched the fourth one they made. Only the first three. Somehow those shows amuse me.. :0) And for some odd reason, I look back and I mostly watch them whenever I'm sick or not feeling well. ( Examples: Chicken pox, Flu, healing from having my wisdom teeth out). . .Weird, yes, I know.


SIFI (sorta) - If you didn't know this about me, I like sifi shows! Well, it really depends on what happens in the movie. . .One ( that I'm not going to tell a lot about because it would take too long...you could wikipedia it) is called " I am Legend".   There are some parts that scare me and I just have to put a pillow over my face or it'll give me nightmares ( and yes, I still get nightmares ) . . But it is a neat show with a good main actor ( Will Smith ). It's pretty clean as in not having any inappropriate material and I don't remember any cursing. 



So there ya go! You might not have expected me to like those movies!! But then again, you may know me better than I thought you did. :) . . . I will definitely try to post more. . Lately, I just haven't had the time nor the thought of what to post about. This past weekend I was thrilled to have gone to the MHEA conference that I look forward to all year round. Most of you who follow my blog know that already ( mainly because you were there)  Lol. It was so nice seeing all my friends that I wait to long to see. Love y'all so much and plan on visiting up in Starkville this summer ( yes, I'm super stoked about that ). . .

Pray y'all are all doing well and have a great weekend coming up!! It's crazy really, I thought it was Tuesday today. I'm all discombobulated this week. haha 

God Bless!!



11 comments:

  1. I loved A Bug's Life as a child. I have never seen the Pitates Of The Caribbean before. I guess I'm just not into pirates…I'll be checking for new posts. Sarah <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Bugs Life! It was one my FAV movies when I was a kid along with Lady and the Tramp. :) I love the pirates of the carribean. Especially the third one. :)
    I knew you were going to say I am Legend!!! :D still need to watch it at your house with you so I don't get scared. Lol
    Love ya Kayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. . .it's planned. You, me, Ice cream or popcorn, and lots of pillows while in the pitch dark room watching "I am Legend". . .It's set...haha

      Delete
    2. LOL can't wait! :D I'm a still scared...haha. But NO popcorn with brown sugar or cinnamon. LOL

      Delete
    3. well well. . .We will compromise and go for lots of butter on the popcorn. :) and yes, be scared..be very scared. mwahaha. love u! :D

      Delete
    4. LOL just like movie theatre popcorn! :D well you already told me the plot and of course I looked it up too. Haha and with you and katey there, I am sure I will pee in my pants and y'all will make it be even more scary. It's okay...I can just beat yall with pillows. LOL :). Love you too hon!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Aww...I love that show!!!...Great choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have amazingly good taste. ^_^
    I love pixar! The music from Pirates is brilliant!
    Love your post!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!