Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 18: A time when you felt passionate and alive


When I read the title of this post, I thought back. Thought back throughout my whole life. I came up with plenty :) but I'll tell you which is probably the one I kept going back to. . .

~ ~ ~

When I was five years old, something happened to me. Something very great!. . .I became an older sister! My mother had an adorable baby girl! (although I won't lie, I did ask God for a baby brother when my mom was still pregnant), but I wouldn't change having Emily as my little sister for the world! She is that little sister I always wanted. I remember seeing Katey as my big sister and I was thrilled that I could do the same for Emily..I don't remember ever being jealous that I wasn't going to be the baby of the family. I do remember before she was born, being the center of mommy's attention. Her always calling me her "baby girl". But I was just so excited to be having another baby sister or brother in the house. The day Emily was born is crystal clear in my mind to this day. Seeing her for the first time, touching her tiny pink little fingers and remembering that I couldn't wait for her to get home so we can have her all to ourselves. :) I'll never forget that day! 

~ ~ ~

I love you Emily and am so proud of you. You've grown up to be a wonderful sister than I can always trust and hope you put God first in all that you do and think! He blessed me with the most wonderful little sister! I love you!


...( I wanted to put some pictures of my baby sister but I'll apologize before hand that they are really not clear..at all. :-)  )







Haha, my little diva! ;) even then. . 

Big smiles. :-D



Daddy's little helper!


And. . She starts to grow up. :( she's so beautiful!






I know I used this photo others times on my blog but she is just gorgeous! And I love this picture of her! :D

~ ~ ~

So. . a time I felt passionate and alive was when I became an older sister!






3 comments:

  1. Aw. So sweet...you are a great big sister!!! :) I'm horrible...I don't even remember when sarah was born. Of course I was only 2 but. Just glimpses of when we were kids. :) love you...you keep posting such emotional posts!!! LOL ;) kayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you were only 2, so that's a good enough excuse not to remember. :) I remember a lot when I was four and five. . . :)

      Delete
    2. Lol. I guess your right. I remember a lot around 5, 6 and up. Around when Andrew was born. :) one of the best days of my life!!!

      Delete

I love your comments!!