Saturday, March 17, 2012

Growing Spiritually. . .

So the other day I was reading through my daily devotional..It was quite encouraging, and got me wanting to look up more scripture that really went with what I was reading. 

~~~

As believers, we know we are complete in Christ and our position is perfect in Him. - Colossians 2:10 says "And you have given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority" . . .Even though we know we are complete in Him, we still need to progress and grow in our every day walk with Christ. We need to be continually growing knowledge in Him, and by doing that, we are glorifying Christ! These following verses explains it perfectly. - 2 Peter 3:18 "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever" . . also - 2 Peter 1:3 "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us to His own glory and excellence" 

We shouldn't let things in our busy lives interrupt our walk with the Lord. Trust me, Satan uses things (even the most simplest or smallest things) to distract me all the time from growing spiritually in the Lord. Because Satan will use ANYTIHNG to distract us from becoming more close with Christ. - Colossians 3:1-2 says "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your heart on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." . . .

Well I thought I'd share this with all my friends. it was very encouraging and really neat to find all those Bible verses that matched up with what I was learning! And for those who noticed the difference with my blog design :) . I went to go do this post earlier and found that my blog header had a big black box and explanation point in the place of it. I was confused and found out that the website I got it from deleted it headers and the ones that people got from the. grr. ;) so I decided to go head and change things up.  I also liked Katey's picture of the flower and it went pretty well with the background I found, so I thought I'd keep it as my header. It may not be perfect and all, but it's better than one big black scary box with an exclamation point!!!


 God bless to all my dear friends and family! Enjoy the rest of the weekend! :)





2 comments:

  1. Very encouraging....Love all your posts baby sis!

    Big Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very encouraging, Rachel. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!